Friday, June 6, 2008

Funny Things

Aidan is such a funny little boy. He says and does the funniest little things. Sometimes I wish that I has a recorder on me, so that I could tape all the thing that he says.
The other day, Jacob told Aidan that it was time to go to bed. Of course, Aidan said that he just wanted to play; so Jacob told him that he could play in his sleep. Aidan got really mad, and said,"But if my eyes are closed, I won't be able to see what I am playing with! One of his new favorite phrases to say is "you're lyin." When Uncle Dan was here, Aidan didn't believe that he had a pink shirt, he told him,"you're lyin." Ever since, he tells us, "Uncle Dan has a pink shirt, and he's not even lyin."
Two weeks ago, we realized that we were down to about 4 diapers for Aidan, so we finally buckled down on the potty training. It has been very exhausting! The first week, we had lots of screaming and crying. Every night and every morning he fights with me, about wanting to wear a diaper. Every day we have the discussion about how big boys don't wear diapers. Every time I make him go to the bathroom, he says, "I don't want to do this, I am sick of doing this." It's like he thinks that this is temporary, and that he will get to wear his diaper again soon. Poor Aidan, life is rough! The good thing is, as much as he has rebelled, I think I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He is a very stubborn child. I wonder who he gets that from?

3 comments:

Mary said...

You know Jodi, this whole using the toilet thing could very well be temporary. When he gets old and in his 80's he could very well be in diapers again. I bet you didn't think about that did you?

Laura's Linoleum said...

Keep it up, trooper! Aiden is so funny. Tekina will come up with lines like that all the time, and it's so cute when they do.

Amanda said...

I wish he would say some cute things when I'm around. He's always so quiet it's hard to imagine him chatting away :-)