Wednesday, October 1, 2008

French Toast meets Bread Pudding

I thought that I would post this recipe cause it is simple and delicious, and best of all, it only takes 5 min. prep time. I got it out of the Blendtec recipe book. We love our Blendtec!

6 slices bread (I think that it is really good if you use French Toast Bread, cause it is thicker)
Preheat oven to 350. Cut slices of bread into 3 strips and place on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 T. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
Put above ingredients in your Blendtec (If you don't have one, use whatever blender you have)Select sauces/dips cycle on Blendtec, or blend till well blended. Pour mixture over bread.
melt 1 T. butter and pour over bread
mix 1 t. cinnamon and 3 T. sugar, and sprinkle on top.
Bake 40-50 min.
(I actually think that it only took 35 for mine, so you might want to check it.)

This is great for any day that you want a hot breakfast without slaving in the kitchen. I like to get up, throw it together, and pop it in the oven. By the time I get myself ready, it's done.

3 comments:

D and J Larson said...

I've tried that one. It's awesome!

Kristie said...

You've been tagged, see my blog.

Kate said...

Haylee is adorable!! I think I'll have to try your frech toast recipe! I've got like 20 rolls I need to do something with.