Monday, October 20, 2008
Just picture this!
A mother carrying a 20 lb. baby in a backpack, a huge soccer banner, poles and rebar (not really sure how to spell that), a large cooler bag full of snacks and drinks, a big blanket to sit on, and of course, we can't forget the camera. Now picture her trying to jump over a little stream of water, so she could take a short cut, and then trying to pick up her 3 year old son, and carry him over. Pretty funny! I think that I would laugh too! If you haven't guessed, that was me on Saturday at Katelyn's soccer game, trying to do it all. I have to admit, it was a slight exaggeration. Katelyn did carry the camera and one set of poles. When I tried to get Aidan to help, he said, "I can't, I only have two hands." I guess he thinks that I have 8 or so. Jacob was at a scout camp out, and of course, it had to be the week that we had an 8:30 am game, and after game snacks. If only I could have used my camera to take a picture of myself! You would think that people would have been offering to help, but I guess I made it look to easy. Sometimes I pretend to be Superwoman!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
I thought when a person becomes a mother they automatically grow extra arms and use them when they need them. I guess I was mistaken about that.
I would have helped you Jodi.....inconsiderate jerks! And you did spell rebar right.
This picture reminds me of a time when I was in highschool and bringing a HUGE backpack full of canned foods for a food drive. It must have been 100 lbs (or I would like to think so). I slipped on some ice, and I couldn't get up. I had to have 2 people pull me off my butt from the icy sidewalk. LOL. Good thing you didn't fall in the water!
I can picture it! Mom's always have more arms. I always try to bring all the groceries in at once, you should see me then!
Crazy! I can relate! Some days when I'm walking to my classroom from the car Jason lets me carry way too much stuff because he thinks it's funny to watch me struggle. Then he'll help and tell me how pathetic I am.
Post a Comment