Friday, March 21, 2008
St. Patricks Day
Monday morning we had a Mothers Club St. Paticks Day party, while Katelyn was at school. Aidan,Haylee and I; ate green snacks,made shamrock necklaces, and little elves. We were supposed to take a green snack, but I realized we had no eggs. I had never realized how many things you couldn't make without eggs. Anyways, we had to be creative. I knew that other people would probably do green rice krispy treats, so I found some pretzels and some white chocolate chips. I used green food coloring in the white chocolate, and we dipped the pretzels. It turned out to be a big hit with the kids. We had so much fun at the party, that me and another mom, stayed until 4:30. It was kind of nice to spend the day doing nothing but hanging out; although it did make for a late dinner. We had green chicken and tortelini alfredo, with green beans, a green salad, and milk. We tried green milk for breakfast, but the kids thought it was gross, so I didn't do it again for dinner. Aidan thought that everything was so yummy, but Katelyn, who normally loves alfredo, couldn't get over the green color. I had to force her to eat it, so she could have some dessert. For dessert I used our blendtec, and made virgin green appletini's. It was a very green day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Jodi,
I thought you were supposed to make corned beef and cabbage, according to the Larson traditions.
Yes, what happened to the corned beef and cabbage? I hope Jake was able to cope without having it.
my family always ha corned beef too... but I think I like th green stuff tooo
Post a Comment