Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sick x Four

What can be worse then being sick yourself? Being sick at the same time as everyone else in the house. I haven't ever experienced this before, cause I rarely get sick myself, and Jacob and the kids don't get sick either. Friday, Katelyn seemed a little under the weather, but we figured that she just a little heat exhaustion. Then Saturday, we had a couple of friends over for swimming, and a potluck, and Haylee just starting throwing up. It just kept fountaining out of her mouth, I thought that it would never end. She was pretty exhausted, so we cleaned her up, and she went right to sleep. Sunday morning, she seemed fine, so we all went to church. We left about an 1 1/2 later, after she threw up all over me. Before we knew it, Jacob, Aidan and I were all infected. It was so much fun cleaning up after the kids and changing dirty sheets throughout the night. A couple of times, I would have Aidan in the bathroom, and I could hear Haylee throwing up in the other room. Then when I thought that I could finally go to sleep cause I took care of them, it was my turn. I ended up laying out layers of blankets and towels on the floor downstairs and just shedding layers throughout the night. Poor Jacob wasn't doing much better upstairs, but why is it, that when the kids are sick, even if mom is sick, do the dads get out of the night shift?


We were all home together Monday. Katelyn was the only one feeling well, so she took care of the kids most of the day while Jacob and I slept. She made herself breakfast, and lunch. Then when it was time for dinner, she asked everyone what they wanted. She was offering toast with butter, or toast with jam. It was really cute how excited she was to "make dinner." Katelyn was such a lifesaver. I didn't have the energy to do anything on Monday. She showed us that she is capable of doing a lot more around the house then we thought. She will probably regret helping so much because now we know what she is capable of, we will be raising the bar. But she really seemed to enjoy the extra responsibilities.

I am sooo glad that we are finally better!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad you guys are better too! My goodness, I have never been sick the same time as Alison, but I can only imagine!

Laura's Linoleum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura's Linoleum said...

Katelyn has turned out to be quite the little mother hen. What a big helper! Hopefully you all return to health soon! Let me know if I can help in any way. You all helped me so much when I was sick with the whole family back in Feb and March.

Unknown said...

Jodi, Katelyn had better be careful. I helped out when Mom was sick after her car accident and pregnant with David. Before I knew it, my responsibilities upgraded to doing laundry and other non-fun stuff.